An International School on PDEs
International School on
Recent advances in partial differential equations and applications
University of Milan, Department of Mathematics,
Milano, June 17 -- 22, 2013
This school is aimed at master students, PhD students, recent PhD doctorates, and researchers in general willing to update their knowledge with recent developments mainly on
- Diffuse interface models for interacting fluids
- Phase transitions, damaging and contact problems
- Singular limits in fluid mechanics
- Fully nonlinear nonlocal equations
- Well-posedness and regularity of nonlinear PDEs
- Fractional Laplace regularity theory
- Alpha-stable processes
The school wants to be an occasion for researchers to catch up with important developments in the field of PDEs and to get in touch with state-of-the-art analytical techniques that are not covered in usual PhD courses.
The main speakers and courses of the school are:
- Eduard Feireisl (Prague, Czech Republic)
Title: Scaling and singular limits in fluid mechanics
- Moritz Kassmann (Bonn, Germany)
Title: Local Regularity for Nonlocal Equations
- Irena Lasiecka (Virginia, USA)
Title: Hadamard well-posedness and long time behavior of flow-structure interactions
- Luis Silvestre (Chicago, USA)
Title: Nonlocal Equations
You are invited to visit the Conference website at for updated information about the School organization.
There are a limited number of grants covering accommodation addressed to young researchers. The deadline for application is March 31, 2013.
Please do not hesitate to contact the e-mail address email@example.com for any question.